I love creating Birth Plans with my moms…
I do it with every single one of them. What I’ve found throughout my years of helping moms is that many feel fearful and uninformed when it comes to the birthing process. I cannot tell you how many of my moms have said to me after giving birth, "If only I had known..." You don't have to be one of those moms.
Developing a Birth Plan allows you to be heard. It opens up the lines of communication between you and your healthcare provider and his/her staff at the hospital or birthing center. It gives you a say in the process. And that’s why it’s so important.
A well thought out birth plan is an excellent way for you to communicate clearly your desires during labor, birth, and the post-partum recovery period. And just in case you’re wondering, a Birth Plan is equally as important for moms who want a natural birth and for those who want a medicated birth.
Wherever you are in the Birth Plan process, whether you’ve already designed a Birth Plan and simply need to talk things through or if you’re brand new to the Birth Plan process, our consultation will be designed to help you accordingly.
I will give you resources that you can begin using immediately to help you feel more educated, confident and prepared to talk with your healthcare provider, nursing staff etc.
Here are a few things that we’ll cover in your Birth Plan Consultation (but after our first conversation we'll decide which areas we need to focus on):
- Discover what your ideal birth looks like.
- Discover which procedures you’re comfortable and not comfortable with and how to talk to your healthcare provider about it. (There is more to it then deciding to have a medicated or non medicated birth).
- Discover what you really think of childbirth and how that might interfere with your upcoming birth.
- Discover what your partner is or isn’t comfortable with (this is a big one).
- How to create a hospital/birthing center friendly Birth Plan. The Do’s and Don’ts of Birth Plans.
- Tips on how to get the staff on your team.
- Tips on how to make your birthing experience better.
- Uncover your strengths.
How can I help you? I offer three packages:
ONE: Full Birth Plan Package
Just starting to think about what you really want for your birth experience? Have no clue? Need someone to help guide you through the processes because you don't know what options you have? Then this is for you.... I'll help you become clear on what it is you truly want and don't want for you, your baby and your postpartum experience. We'll finish off with a hospital/birthing center friendly Birth Plan.
Offered at $125
TWO: Birth Plan 101 Package
Just want someone to help you create your birth plan? Don't know what you should include, not include? Need some clarification on certain medical procedures? Don't worry, I can help. When we are finished, you'll have a hospital/birthing center friendly Birth Plan.
Offered at $75
THREE: Quick Tips Birth Plan Package
All ready written your Birth Plan but just want someone to take a look at it and give you tips? Then this is for you!
Offered at $50